Saint Luke’s Marion Bloch Neuroscience Institute
Located at Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City, Saint Luke’s Marion Bloch Neuroscience Institute is the only dedicated neuroscience hospital in Kansas City. Our acclaimed brain and spine team offers:
- A Comprehensive Stroke Center providing the region’s most advanced stroke care, including stroke-reversal therapies and treatment to more than 1,100 patients each year. More than 36 percent of stroke patients receive stroke-reversal therapy compared to a national average of 15.9 percent
- An 18-bed Neurosurgical Intensive Care Unit (NSICU) specializing in post-surgical care and neurological illness
- A Level 4 Comprehensive Epilepsy Center offering advanced diagnostics and surgical intervention for people living with epilepsy
- A neurorehabilitation program designed to help patients return to the highest level of functioning possible, with 75 percent of patients discharged to home compared to the national average of 67 percent
- The Midwest Ear Institute, a leader in advancing cochlear implant technology, offering a broad range of services to people suffering from hearing and balance disorders
Meet our team
The team at Saint Luke's Marion Bloch Neuroscience Institute includes:
- Neurologists dedicated to treating the full range of neurological conditions, including stroke, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, migraine headaches, and more
- A subspecialty-trained team of neurosurgeons providing the full spectrum of elective and emergency procedures around the clock, including the latest surgical interventions for stroke, trauma, tumors, aneurysms, tremor, and other brain disorders
- An experienced minimally invasive spine surgery team who uses specialized technology and expertise, resulting in quicker recovery, less pain, and better outcomes for patients
A legacy of innovation
In 1993, doctors performed one of the world’s first intra-arterial stroke-reversal procedures. Since then, Saint Luke’s specialists have continued to pioneer new treatments. We are one of the world’s most experienced and prolific leaders in the use of tissue plasminogen activator (tPA), the clot-busting medication that can reverse ischemic stroke.
In 2013, we enhanced and streamlined care delivery by offering leading-edge diagnostics, treatment, and surgical services within one dedicated building. Thanks to a generous grant from the Bloch Family Foundation, Saint Luke’s Marion Bloch Neuroscience Institute will continue leading-edge research and clinical innovation well into the future.
4401 Wornall Rd
Kansas City, MO 64111
4400 Broadway St, Ste 520
Kansas City, MO 64111
2799 N Washington St
Chillicothe, MO 64601
20 NE Saint Luke's Blvd, Ste 300
Lee's Summit, MO 64086
5844 NW Barry Rd, Ste 220
Kansas City, MO 64154
191 Iowa Blvd
Trenton, MO 64683
12330 Metcalf Ave, Ste 200
Overland Park, KS 66213
421 S Maple St
Garnett, KS 66032
Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City - Peet Center Conference Room
Saint Luke's welcomes all stroke survivors and caregivers. Join us each month for this free event. You'll meet other stroke survivors, discuss caregiver concerns, share inspiring stories, and learn how to navigate health resources. Snacks and beverages are provided; registration not required.
We meet at Saint Luke's Hospital's Peet Center the second Thursday of each month (except December). For more information, call 816-932-2020.
Saint Luke's East Hospital
Monthly presentation by a guest speaker followed by an open discussion among stroke survivors and caregivers. The stroke support group meets on the first Thursday of every month, from 6-7:30 p.m. Registration is not required. For more information call Matt Lammers at 816-347-5746 or Saint Luke's Concierge at 816-932-5100.
Saint Luke's North Hospital–Barry Road - North Conference Room
The Alzheimer's Association offers a care giver support group on the 3rd Thursday of each month at Saint Luke's North Hospital - Barry Road, in the Barry Medical Park North Conference Room.