Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute
No two cancers are alike. No two people are alike. And no two cancer programs are alike.
The team at Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute provides early detection, expert diagnosis, personalized treatment options, and survivorship support to every patient. It’s what Saint Luke’s calls precision medicine: the right treatment for the right patient at the right time.
Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute offers:
- Access to leading-edge clinical trials, including National Cancer Institute (NCI) and industry trials
- Medical oncologists and hematologists subspecializing in every type of cancer, including breast, lung, gastrointestinal, brain, and colon
- A Multidisciplinary Breast Clinic where patients meet with a team of specialists in one comprehensive appointment
- The region’s largest network of 3-D mammography centers, for early detection of the smallest tumors
- Nurse navigators who serve as patient resources and advocates through treatment and beyond
- Innovative surgeries for brain tumors, including NeuroBlate®, which uses a laser to destroy previously inoperable tumors
- STAR Program® cancer rehabilitation to help patients overcome the physical and emotional challenges that often follow diagnosis and treatment
Thoughtful second opinions
When it comes to potentially life-changing or lifesaving treatments, patients and their families often seek a second opinion. Second opinions are helpful because they may provide:
- Confirmation of a diagnosis
- More details about type of cancer and stage, which affect treatment options
- Perspective from subspecialized oncologists
If you started your cancer journey at another facility, the experts at Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute are available to review your records and provide a thoughtful second opinion, including personalized treatment options available at Saint Luke’s. For more information, call 855-663-7524.
Cancer care, everywhere
Patients can access Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute experts at 10 practice locations throughout the Kansas City region. Our clinical affiliation program recently added locations at Bates County Memorial Hospital, Liberty Hospital, and Western Missouri Medical Center.
Our growing network ensures that patients needing chemotherapy or other infusion treatments can have their care closer to home. Patients needing radiation treatment can access those services at three convenient locations:
- Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute at Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City
- Saint Luke’s East Hospital
- Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute at Liberty Hospital
4321 Washington St
Kansas City, MO 64111
5400 N Oak Trfy
Kansas City, MO 64118
615 W Nursery St
Butler, MO 64730
20 NE Saint Luke's Blvd
Lee's Summit, MO 64086
2529 Glenn Hendren Dr
Liberty, MO 64068
2799 N Washington St
Chillicothe, MO 64601
403 Burkarth Rd
Warrensburg, MO 64093
10/25/2016 - 1:30pmIra & Minnie Hedrick Room
Look Good...Feel Better is a nationwide program for women receiving chemotherapy, radiation, and other cancer related treatments. In a free workshop, a caring beauty professional will teach simple techniques to help women feel better about themselves, just when they need it most.
10/26/2016 - 1:00pmLiberty Hospital - SLCI Conference Room
If you are a cancer patient (post active treatment) or caregiver who would like to learn how diet can support recovery and improve the symptoms affecting daily functioning and quality of life, this Nutrition Class is for you! The STAR Program(Survivorship Training and Rehabilitation) is a nationally recognized cancer survivorship program that is focused on improving the lives of survivors who suffer from the side-effects caused by treatments.
11/03/2016 - 12:00pmSaint Luke's Hospital of Kansas City - SLCI Resource Room
If you are a cancer patient (post active treatment) or caregiver who would like to learn how diet can support recovery and improve the symptoms affecting daily functioning and quality of life, this Nutrition Class is for you! The STAR Program (Survivorship Training and Rehabilitation) is a nationally recognized cancer survivorship program that is focused on improving the lives of survivors who suffer from the side-effects caused by treatments.