Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute
No two cancers are alike. No two people are alike. And no two cancer programs are alike.
The team at Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute provides early detection, expert diagnosis, personalized treatment options, and survivorship support to every patient. It’s what Saint Luke’s calls precision medicine: the right treatment for the right patient at the right time.
Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute offers:
- Access to leading-edge clinical trials, including National Cancer Institute (NCI) and industry trials
- Medical oncologists and hematologists subspecializing in every type of cancer, including breast, lung, gastrointestinal, brain, and colon
- A Multidisciplinary Breast Clinic where patients meet with a team of specialists in one comprehensive appointment
- The region’s largest network of 3-D mammography centers, for early detection of the smallest tumors
- Nurse navigators who serve as patient resources and advocates through treatment and beyond
- Innovative surgeries for brain tumors, including NeuroBlate®, which uses a laser to destroy previously inoperable tumors
- Cancer Survivorship Program to help patients overcome the physical and emotional challenges that often follow diagnosis and treatment
Thoughtful second opinions
When it comes to potentially life-changing or lifesaving treatments, patients and their families often seek a second opinion. Second opinions are helpful because they may provide:
- Confirmation of a diagnosis
- More details about type of cancer and stage, which affect treatment options
- Perspective from subspecialized oncologists
If you started your cancer journey at another facility, the experts at Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute are available to review your records and provide a thoughtful second opinion, including personalized treatment options available at Saint Luke’s. For more information, call 855-663-7524.
Cancer care, everywhere
Patients can access Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute experts at 10 practice locations throughout the Kansas City region. Our clinical affiliation program recently added locations at Bates County Memorial Hospital, Liberty Hospital, and Western Missouri Medical Center.
Our growing network ensures that patients needing chemotherapy or other infusion treatments can have their care closer to home. Patients needing radiation treatment can access those services at three convenient locations:
- Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute at Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City
- Saint Luke’s East Hospital
- Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute at Liberty Hospital
4321 Washington St
Kansas City, MO 64111
5400 N Oak Trfy
Kansas City, MO 64118
615 W Nursery St
Butler, MO 64730
20 NE Saint Luke's Blvd
Lee's Summit, MO 64086
2529 Glenn Hendren Dr
Liberty, MO 64068
2799 N Washington St
Chillicothe, MO 64601
403 Burkarth Rd
Warrensburg, MO 64093
02/22/2017 - 9:30amSaint Luke's Hospital of Kansas City - SLCI Resource Room
Class for newly diagnosed breast cancer patients class. Topics include: Defining Breast Cancer, General Treatment, Staging, Pre-/Post-op Teaching, Lymphedema, Nutrition, Genetics, Emotional Aspects. Lunch provided.
02/23/2017 - 6:00pmGilda's Club Kansas City
All ages are invited to join us in a festive night of BINGO! Come in and shake off the winter chill for some BINGO Gilda's Club style with a few twists, jokes and silly prizes. Join in the fun and bring along a friend! Light dinner will be provided.
02/27/2017 - 6:00pmConference Room A
We are here to support you during your cancer experience. Our ongoing, professional led monthly support groups are for people living with cancer. For men and women living with cancer. Patients only please.
Each one of us at Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute has a passion for providing exceptional care. We understand that each person who receives a cancer diagnosis will embark on a uniquely personal journey—and so our care must be equally personal and unique.
Our program includes meeting each patient’s mental and spiritual needs as well as the immediate physical needs. We’ve built a team of dedicated caregivers who’ve devoted their careers to caring for the cancer patient.
View our annual report: