Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute
No two cancers are alike. No two people are alike. And no two cancer programs are alike.
The team at Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute provides early detection, expert diagnosis, personalized treatment options, and survivorship support to every patient. It’s what Saint Luke’s calls precision medicine: the right treatment for the right patient at the right time.
Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute offers:
- Access to leading-edge clinical trials, including National Cancer Institute (NCI) and industry trials
- Medical oncologists and hematologists subspecializing in every type of cancer, including breast, lung, gastrointestinal, brain, and colon
- A Multidisciplinary Breast Clinic where patients meet with a team of specialists in one comprehensive appointment
- The region’s largest network of 3-D mammography centers, for early detection of the smallest tumors
- Nurse navigators who serve as patient resources and advocates through treatment and beyond
- Innovative surgeries for brain tumors, including NeuroBlate®, which uses a laser to destroy previously inoperable tumors
- Cancer Survivorship Program to help patients overcome the physical and emotional challenges that often follow diagnosis and treatment
Thoughtful second opinions
When it comes to potentially life-changing or lifesaving treatments, patients and their families often seek a second opinion. Second opinions are helpful because they may provide:
- Confirmation of a diagnosis
- More details about type of cancer and stage, which affect treatment options
- Perspective from subspecialized oncologists
If you started your cancer journey at another facility, the experts at Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute are available to review your records and provide a thoughtful second opinion, including personalized treatment options available at Saint Luke’s. For more information, call 855-663-7524.
Cancer care, everywhere
Patients can access Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute experts at 10 practice locations throughout the Kansas City region. Our clinical affiliation program recently added locations at Bates County Memorial Hospital, Liberty Hospital, and Western Missouri Medical Center.
Our growing network ensures that patients needing chemotherapy or other infusion treatments can have their care closer to home. Patients needing radiation treatment can access those services at three convenient locations:
- Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute at Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City
- Saint Luke’s East Hospital
- Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute at Liberty Hospital
4321 Washington St
Kansas City, MO 64111
5400 N Oak Trfy
Kansas City, MO 64118
615 W Nursery St
Butler, MO 64730
20 NE Saint Luke's Blvd
Lee's Summit, MO 64086
2529 Glenn Hendren Dr
Liberty, MO 64068
2799 N Washington St
Chillicothe, MO 64601
403 Burkarth Rd
Warrensburg, MO 64093
01/17/2017 - 1:00pmSaint Luke's East Hospital
Exercise can relieve many symptoms experienced with cancer and treatment. It aids stability, range of motion, cardiovascular endurance and strength. Survivor-cize is to meet the unique exercise needs of cancer patients. During Survivor-cize, participants use low impact aerobic exercise, resistance training with daily functional movement in mind, balance stability exercises and gentle yoga stretching. Each participant is encouraged to work at his or her own level and when ready, are welcomed to challenge themselves in a safe, welcoming environment.
01/17/2017 - 1:00pmSaint Luke's East Hospital SLCI - Suite 500
Look Good…Feel Better is a nationwide program for women receiving chemotherapy, radiation, and other cancer treatment. In a free, two-hour workshop, caring volunteer beauty professionals teach simple beauty techniques to help women feel better about themselves, just when they need it most. Contact Melinda Dreesman 816-932-4576 to register.
01/17/2017 - 2:00pmSaint Luke's East Hospital - Hastings Conference Room A & B
Restorative Yoga is a way of releasing tension in muscles and allowing the mind to relax. Restorative Yoga may help restore some joint range of motion and allow focus on healing. Yoga has been shown to lower fatigue and tension caused by chemotherapy and radiation. Participation in the poses is individual and you are always invited to relax and move according to your level of comfort. Restorative Yoga is meant to be an individual journey in a class setting.
Meets every Tuesday from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please call 816-932-4576 for more information. No registration required.
Each one of us at Saint Luke’s Cancer Institute has a passion for providing exceptional care. We understand that each person who receives a cancer diagnosis will embark on a uniquely personal journey—and so our care must be equally personal and unique.
Our program includes meeting each patient’s mental and spiritual needs as well as the immediate physical needs. We’ve built a team of dedicated caregivers who’ve devoted their careers to caring for the cancer patient.
View our annual report: