Because you deserve the best breast care possible, close to home
One in 8 women will develop breast cancer. Hundreds of thousands of other women deal with benign breast disease each year. These women deserve the very best care we can offer. Saint Luke’s is proud that all four of our Breast Centers are now accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC).
Receiving care at a NAPBC-accredited center ensures that you have access to:
- Comprehensive breast care, including a full range of state-of-the-art services
- A multidisciplinary team approach to coordinate the best treatment options
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of your care
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options
- And, most importantly, quality breast care close to home
The NAPBC grants accreditation only to those centers that voluntarily commit to providing the best possible care. The Breast Centers at Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City, Saint Luke’s North Hospital, Saint Luke’s East Hospital, and Saint Luke’s South Hospital went through a rigorous evaluation and performance review. To maintain this accreditation, we must monitor our compliance with NAPBC standards and undergo an on-site review every three years.
- NAPBC accreditation challenges breast cancer centers to enhance the care they provide by addressing patient-centered needs and measuring the quality of the care they deliver against national standards.
- The NAPBC is comprised of the best minds in cancer care who utilize expertise from the entire medical community to set the highest standards of care for NAPBC-accredited cancer programs.
- NAPBC accreditation provides value across all domains of care, including access to care and service, patient satisfaction and well-being, and quality of cancer care.
- NAPBC-accredited breast centers are dedicated to providing the best patient-centered care.