Saint Luke’s Medical Laboratory Science Program is an 11-month, accredited program training students to become Medical Laboratory Scientists.
The Medical Laboratory Science Program:
- Offers a three-to-one student-to-teacher ratio
- Provides the only Roche Molecular Center of Excellence molecular diagnostics laboratory in Kansas and Missouri
- Instructs students in a regional reference laboratory, which has a range of laboratory testing that is unmatched in the area
- Provides lecture and bench instruction with more than 50 Medical Laboratory Scientists
Saint Luke’s Medical Laboratory Science program was founded in 1933 and was among the first medical technology programs in the country. We have been expanding our tradition of innovation and education ever since. Medical laboratory scientists now contribute to more than 70 percent of medical decisions. Our program prepares you to test patient samples and provide accurate and reliable test results that are vital to the success of medical practice.
Students gain expertise in clinical rotations including:
- Transfusion medicine
- Molecular diagnostics
Play a vital role in medical diagnostics
Laboratory scientists contribute behind the scenes in hospital and medical laboratories to provide diagnostic test results. A career in medical laboratory science might be right for you if you enjoy:
- Hands-on science
- Problem solving
- Computer software and data analysis
- Medical science and technology
Access the latest laboratory technologies
As a medical laboratory student, you’ll have access to the latest molecular tests, technologies and resources. Our 20-year history in molecular technology:
- Exposes students to the most current scientific methods and clinical information
- Allows us to perform diagnostic testing with advanced genomic technologies
Saint Luke’s Medical Laboratory Science Program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS). Upon completion of the program, students are eligible to become a certified Medical Laboratory Scientist.