Tradition of Community and Private Support
Saint Luke's history began more than 130 years ago when members of St. Mary's Episcopal Church established a hospital in downtown Kansas City with private contributions. Since then, Saint Luke's has become a 10-hospital and campus system serving the Kansas City area and surrounding region.
As a not-for-profit organization, Saint Luke's Health System relies on fund-raising efforts to provide programs and services not covered by patient fees. Charitable gifts are critical to launching research initiatives, acquiring new technology, providing for the underserved in our communities, and ensuring excellent care for all of our patients.
Thank you for continuing our founders' tradition of giving—and helping to advance patient care today and tomorrow.
Saint Luke’s Foundation
Established in 1963, the Saint Luke’s Foundation mission is to secure funding for medical and nursing education, research, charity care and medical programs for Saint Luke’s Health System’s facilities in metropolitan Kansas City.
Specific entities supported by the Foundation include:
- Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City
- Saint Luke’s North Hospital (Barry Road and Smithville, MO)
- Saint Luke’s East Hospital (Lee’s Summit, MO)
- Saint Luke’s South Hospital (Overland Park, KS)
- Saint Luke’s College of Health Sciences
- Saint Luke’s Home Care & Hospice
- Crittenton Children’s Center
- The Children’s SPOT