Find a Doctor
The Maternity Center at Saint Luke’s East Hospital combines all the comforts of home with the most advanced medical technology. Our services and features include:
- Level IIIa Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) with all private rooms and rooming-in for parents
- Maternity Care Coordinator—registered nurses, who help prepare parents for childbirth, available for day, evening, and weekend appointments
- Two dedicated operating rooms for cesarean section deliveries
- Cord blood banking
- Parent education, including childbirth prep, newborn care, breastfeeding, and infant CPR
- Car seat installation and evaluation of car seat for recalls
Focused on you
We have designed our Maternity Center to offer you a comfortable and safe birthing experience. Our features and amenities include:
- Spacious private rooms with whirlpool tubs
- Room service meals and refreshment items for family
- Accommodations for your spouse or support person
- 24-hour epidural placement by an anesthesiologist
- Fresh baked cookies delivered by hospital volunteers
Focused on baby
After the birth, our Baby First Program provides time for you to bond with your baby. Immediately following delivery, our staff will encourage this protected time for parents and their newborns to get to know each other. Our staff will ensure you have plenty of space and privacy to enjoy this time together as a family.
All care for the baby is done in the room, if possible, and your baby may stay overnight in your room. If the baby must go to the nursery for tests or care, you are welcome to accompany your baby to the nursery. You can also expect:
- Breastfeeding and lactation support
- Baby’s first photo with Our365 professional baby photography
- A secure environment with restricted access and 24-hour electronic infant surveillance
While we don't have set visiting hours, providing a safe and secure environment for our littlest patients and their mothers is important. That's why we offer a separate entrance to the maternity center, which features a waiting room for families. A spouse or support person may stay in the patient's room overnight.
During peak flu season, we will screen children for illness. Anyone with flu-like symptoms will not be allowed on the unit to protect our moms and babies.
100 N.E. Saint Luke's Blvd.
Lee's Summit, MO 64086
10/25/2014 - 8:30amSaint Luke's East HospitalDuring All About Birth, we will help you prepare for what you might expect during your labor, birth and postpartum. Our class combines interaction with our knowledgeable childbirth educators and online resources for your continued learning. Please bring two pillows, and a blanket. Dress comfortably for floor exercises. $60/Up to 2 people may attend. Inquire at the front desk.
11/01/2014 - 8:30amSaint Luke's East HospitalDuring All About Birth, we will help you prepare for what you might expect during your labor, birth and postpartum. Our class combines interaction with our knowledgeable childbirth educators and online resources for your continued learning. Please bring two pillows, and a blanket. Dress comfortably for floor exercises. $60/Up to 2 people may attend. Inquire at the front desk.
11/04/2014 - 6:30pmSaint Luke's East HospitalThis class will teach you basic life support skills and choking management for your infant (newborn to one year), according to the American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines. This is a non-certification course designed for parents and grandparents. $15 per person. Check at front desk for class room location.
- Billing: 816-932-5678
- Birth certificates: 816-347-4678
- Lactation services: 816-347-4680
- Breast pumps: 816-347-4680
- Maternity care coordinator: 816-347-4677
- Parent & family education: 816-347-5987
- Social services: 816-347-4786