Find a Doctor
Heart Failure Management
A collaborative endeavor between Saint Luke's Hospital and Saint Luke's Cardiovascular Consultants, the Heart Failure Program is committed to the highest level of excellence in providing seamless and comprehensive care to patients across the heart failure disease spectrum in a caring environment that encompasses both the inpatient and outpatient setting. Members of the heart failure team are a multidisciplinary group of professionals dedicated to ensuring patient safety and optimal health outcomes for all patients.
Heart Failure Management Program features:
- Early-stage heart failure management, which utilizes aggressive medical management to optimize cardiac function and efficiency and thoughtful evaluation of any corrective surgical or device therapy that may be appropriate
- Comprehensive management and follow-up care for advanced heart failure and high-risk heart failure patients
- We are the only facility in the region that offers the full spectrum of surgical support for advanced heart failure including extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), mechanical assist devices (VAD), and heart transplantation.
- Management of complex congenital heart disease patients who are at risk to develop heart failure as adults
- A cardiopulmonary exercise laboratory dedicated to evaluating patient therapy and functional capacity
- Full-time research nurses who screen and enroll heart failure patients in over ten active protocols available
- Heart Failure Cardiologist Certification
- All six of our heart failure cardiologists are certified in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology through the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Graduate Medical Education
- In 2012, Saint Luke’s Mid America Heart Institute, in affiliation with the University of Missouri–Kansas City, received accreditation in advanced heart failure/transplant cardiology by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
- The accreditation puts the Heart Institute in an elite group of cardiology training programs nationwide (just 50 out of 180) qualified to offer advanced medical training in heart failure and transplant to its cardiology fellows.
- Our program is the only accredited program of its kind in the region including Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Iowa, and Oklahoma. MO, KS, Ark, Iowa, and OK) and only one of 50 in the nation to have the resources, patient population, and physicians capable of providing this advanced training.
- With the added prestige of this accreditation, we expect to recruit from among the best and brightest in the country. This will not only improve the quality of cardiology care, but will give us the opportunity to retain these future leaders in Kansas City, enhancing the quality of heart failure care we can provide to our entire region.
- Heart Failure Certification: Saint Luke’s Hospital achieved Certification in Heart Failure by The Joint Commission in 2012. This certification is designed to evaluate clinical programs addressing chronic diseases or conditions.
4330 Wornall Road, Suite 2100
Kansas City, MO 64111
4330 Wornall Road, Suite 2000
Kansas City, MO 64111
5844 NW Barry Road, Suite 230
Kansas City, MO 64154
12300 Metcalf Ave., Suite 280
Overland Park, KS 66213
20 NE Saint Luke's Blvd., Suite 240
Lee's Summit, MO 64086