Find a Doctor
Saint Luke’s Neuroscience Institute
Our acclaimed team of brain and stroke experts offers:
- The region’s most advanced stroke care providing stroke reversal therapies and treatment to more than 1,000 patients each year. Nearly 40 percent of stroke patients receive stroke reversal therapy compared to a national average of 4 to 6 percent
- A Level 4 Comprehensive Epilepsy Center offering advanced diagnostics and surgical intervention for people living with epilepsy
- A neurorehabilitation and physical medicine program designed to help patients return to the highest level of functioning possible, with 80 percent of patients discharged to home compared to the national average of 67 percent
- The Midwest Ear Institute, a leader in advancing cochlear implant technology, offering a broad range of services to people suffering from hearing and balance disorders
Meet our team
The team at Saint Luke's Neuroscience Institute includes:
- Neurologists dedicated to treating the full range of neurological conditions, including stroke, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, migraine headaches, and more
- A subspecialty-trained team of neurosurgeons providing the full spectrum of elective and emergency procedures around the clock, including the latest surgical interventions for stroke, trauma, tumors, aneurysms, tremor, and other brain disorders
- An experienced minimally invasive spine surgery team who uses specialized technology and expertise, resulting in quicker recovery, less pain, and better outcomes for patients
U.S. News & World Report's 2013-14 Best Hospitals recognized Saint Luke's Hospital for excellence in neurology and neurosurgery. The new Saint Luke’s Neuroscience Institute, the only dedicated neuroscience hospital in Kansas City, opened in 2013. The facility brings together leading-edge diagnostics, treatment, and surgical services in one convenient location on the Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City campus. Patients benefit from easier access and streamlined care.
4401 Wornall Road
Kansas City, MO 64111
Medical Plaza III - Cancer Care Office (Board Room)The diagnosis of a brain tumor creates a crisis for both the patient and the family. This support group will provide information and education, psychological support as well as tools for someone to act as an advocate for brain tumor patients.The brain tumor support group meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month, 7:00-8:30 p.m. in the Cancer Care Office (Board Room), Medical Plaza III, Suite 4000, 4321 Washington. Registration not required.
Broadway Medical Building - Suite 1000The Epilepsy Networking Group is held the second and fourth Tuesday of each month from 5-6:30pm. Please call if new attendee.
Center for Health EnhancementSupport for patients and families dealing with the effects of stroke Support groups for stroke survivors, caregivers, family members, and friends. Meets the Second Thursday of every month, Meetings are not held in December. Monthly presentation by a guest speaker followed by an open discussion among stroke survivors. A caregiver support group meets separately at the same time. Please park in the lot located directly in front of the Center for Health Enhancement building. Please contact Becki Parris or Kim Wiley at 816-932-2020 if you would like to be put on our call/email list to be contacted one week prior to each meeting.