Find a Doctor
Saint Luke’s Marion Bloch Neuroscience Institute
Our acclaimed team of brain and stroke experts offers:
- A Comprehensive Stroke Center providing the region’s most advanced stroke care, including stroke reversal therapies and treatment to more than 1,000 patients each year. Nearly 40 percent of stroke patients receive stroke reversal therapy compared to a national average of 4 to 6 percent
- A Level 4 Comprehensive Epilepsy Center offering advanced diagnostics and surgical intervention for people living with epilepsy
- A neurorehabilitation program designed to help patients return to the highest level of functioning possible, with 80 percent of patients discharged to home compared to the national average of 67 percent
- The Midwest Ear Institute, a leader in advancing cochlear implant technology, offering a broad range of services to people suffering from hearing and balance disorders
Meet our team
The team at Saint Luke's Marion Bloch Neuroscience Institute includes:
- Neurologists dedicated to treating the full range of neurological conditions, including stroke, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, migraine headaches, and more
- A subspecialty-trained team of neurosurgeons providing the full spectrum of elective and emergency procedures around the clock, including the latest surgical interventions for stroke, trauma, tumors, aneurysms, tremor, and other brain disorders
- An experienced minimally invasive spine surgery team who uses specialized technology and expertise, resulting in quicker recovery, less pain, and better outcomes for patients
U.S. News & World Report's 2014-15 Best Hospitals recognized Saint Luke's Hospital for excellence in neurology and neurosurgery. Saint Luke’s Marion Bloch Neuroscience Institute, the only dedicated neuroscience hospital in Kansas City, opened in 2013. The facility brings together leading-edge diagnostics, treatment, and surgical services in one convenient location on the Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City campus. Patients benefit from easier access and streamlined care.
4401 Wornall Road
Kansas City, MO 64111
Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City - Peet Center Conference Room
Saint Luke's welcomes all stroke survivors and caregivers. Join us each month for this free event. You'll meet other stroke survivors, discuss caregiver concerns, share inspiring stories, and learn how to navigate health resources. Snacks and beverages are provided; registration not required.
We meet at Saint Luke's Hospital's Peet Center the second Thursday of each month (except December). For more information, call 816-932-2020.
Saint Luke's East Hospital
Monthly presentation by a guest speaker followed by an open discussion among stroke survivors and caregivers. The stroke support group meets on the first Thursday of every month, from 6-7:30 p.m. Registration is not required. For more information call Stacy Hittle at 816-347-5746 or Saint Luke's Concierge at 816-932-5100.
Barry Medical Park - North Conference RoomThe Alzheimer's Association offers a care giver support group on the 3rd Thursday of each month at Saint Luke's North Hospital - Barry Road, in the Barry Medical Park North Conference Room.