Find a Doctor
Saint Luke’s Athletic Heart Clinic
Sudden cardiac arrest strikes about 100 male and female athletes each year.
- Most are between 15 and 25 years old.
- Seven out of 10 will not have warning signs.
- A simple heart screening could prevent most of those deaths.
The heart experts at Saint Luke's Athletic Heart Clinic know the difference between a healthy athletic heart and one at risk sudden cardiac arrest.
Saint Luke’s Athletic Heart Clinic:
- Provides a comprehensive evaluation for sudden cardiac arrest
- Offers early treatment, patient education, and ongoing follow-up
- Collaborates with multiple subspecialty cardiology experts to develop an individual treatment plan
- Provides the latest recommendations governed by the American College of Cardiology
Our comprehensive screening package includes:
- Comprehensive cardiovascular history and physical examination
- Electrocardiogram to measure the electrical activity of the heart
- Echocardiogram that uses ultrasound waves to show the heart valves, size, and movement
- Blood pressure measurements and immediate results
- One-to-one consultation
- Cost: $150, but call us to find out about special rates
Call 816-932-5784 to learn about our mobile team for groups of 50 or more.
Anthony Magalski, M.D., the Athletic Heart Clinic's medical director, has worked with the National Football League for 14 years and oversees examinations for the University of Kansas Athletic Department. Dr. Magalski has received grant funding from the National Football League to further his research on athletes’ hearts.
Each cardiologist and nurse who works in the Athletic Heart Program is specially trained in the unique structures and needs of athletes’ hearts.
4401 Wornall Road
Kansas City, MO 6411
5844 N.W. Barry Road
Kansas City, MO 64154
Athletic Heart Clinics are offered at varying locations throughout the year. Call for information.