Find a Doctor
Saint Luke’s Athletic Heart Clinic
Has your young athlete experienced any of these symptoms?
- Chest pain during exercise
- Fainting during or after exercise
- Unusual shortness of breath during exercise
- Racing or irregular heart beat during or after exercise
The difference between a normal athlete’s heart and a heart with structural and/or electrical abnormalities that puts an athlete at high risk can be a challenge to detect. But not for Saint Luke's Athletic Heart Clinic’s specialized team. We are experts in assessing athletes’ hearts to enhance performance and reduce the potential risk from unknown heart abnormalities and conditions.
Saint Luke’s Athletic Heart Clinic:
- Provides a comprehensive evaluation for sudden cardiac arrest in athletes
- Offers early treatment, patient education, and ongoing follow-up
- Collaborates with multiple subspecialty cardiology experts to develop an individual treatment plan
- Provides the latest recommendations governed by the American College of Cardiology
Screening to detect at-risk athletes
Anthony Magalski, M.D., the Athletic Heart Clinic's medical director, has worked with the National Football League for 14 years and oversees examinations for the University of Kansas Athletic Department. Dr. Magalski has received grant funding from the National Football League to further his research on athletes’ hearts.
Dr. Magalski and the team at Saint Luke’s Athletic Heart Clinic provide:
- Comprehensive cardiovascular history and physical examination
- Electrocardiogram to measure the electrical activity of the heart
- Echocardiogram that uses ultrasound waves to show the heart valves, size, and movement
- Blood pressure measurements and immediate results
- One-to-one consultation
Our comprehensive screening package is $150 (cash only). Call to learn about our mobile team for groups of 50 or more.
Saint Luke’s Mid America Heart Institute
4401 Wornall Road
Kansas City, MO 6411