Find a Doctor
Saint Luke’s Athletic Heart Clinic
Sudden cardiac arrest strikes about 100 male and female athletes each year.
- Most are between 15 and 25 years old.
- Seven out of 10 will not have warning signs.
- A simple heart screening could prevent most of those deaths.
The heart experts at Saint Luke's Athletic Heart Clinic know the difference between a healthy athletic heart and one at risk sudden cardiac arrest.
The next Athletic Heart Clinic will take place on Saturday, October 10, at Saint Luke's Cardiovascular Consultants-Barry Road at 5844 N.W. Barry Road, Suite 230. To register, please call 816-932-5784.
Saint Luke’s Athletic Heart Clinic:
- Provides a comprehensive evaluation for sudden cardiac arrest
- Offers early treatment, patient education, and ongoing follow-up
- Collaborates with multiple subspecialty cardiology experts to develop an individual treatment plan
- Provides the latest recommendations governed by the American College of Cardiology
Our comprehensive screening package includes:
- Comprehensive cardiovascular history and physical examination
- Electrocardiogram to measure the electrical activity of the heart
- Echocardiogram that uses ultrasound waves to show the heart valves, size, and movement
- Blood pressure measurements and immediate results
- One-to-one consultation
- Cost: $150, but call us to find out about special rates
Call 816-932-5784 to learn about our mobile team for groups of 50 or more.
Anthony Magalski, M.D., the Athletic Heart Clinic's medical director, has worked with the National Football League for 14 years and oversees examinations for the University of Kansas Athletic Department. Dr. Magalski has received grant funding from the National Football League to further his research on athletes’ hearts.
Each cardiologist and nurse who works in the Athletic Heart Program is specially trained in the unique structures and needs of athletes’ hearts.
4401 Wornall Road
Kansas City, MO 6411
5844 N.W. Barry Road
Kansas City, MO 64154
Athletic Heart Clinics are offered at varying locations throughout the year. Call for information.
10/22/2015 - 5:30pmSaint Luke's Charles & Barbara Duboc Cardio Health & Wellness Center
Apples are energy-boosting powerhouses full of fiber and antioxidants to optimize your cardiovascular and digestive health. We’ll celebrate National Apple Month by preparing lean apple beef burgers with fresh tomatoes in a cozy romaine lettuce wrap, served with a side of steamed veggies. For dessert, no-cook apple pie with cinnamon, walnuts, and dates.
11/09/2015 - 5:00pmUnity Temple on the Plaza
American neurosurgeon Eben Alexander, M.D., turned his near-death experience with meningitis into the New York Times best-seller, Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife. Find out why he believes science can and will determine that heaven really does exist.
Also, Saint Luke’s preventive cardiologist James O’Keefe, M.D., will discuss “Your Faith Has Saved You: Surprising Health Benefits from Following Traditional Religious Rules.”
Reception starts at 5:00pm
Event starts at 6:30pm
Book signing starts at 8:00pm
11/19/2015 - 5:30pmSaint Luke's Charles & Barbara Duboc Cardio Health & Wellness Center
Jazz up your go-to meat with a few sassy spices! Served with grilled zucchini spears, this crowdpleasing meal will tempt your palate while filling you full of muscle-building protein, vitamins, minerals, and fiber! Use leftovers cold to top your salad or warm it up with a side of steamed veggies.