We Rank Among the Nation's Top 10 Hospitals
Every day, Saint Luke’s nurses, physicians, and staff strive to give patients the best possible health care experience. Because of this commitment, Saint Luke’s Health System ranks 9th in the country for patient satisfaction.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) measures patients’ perspectives at all U.S. acute care hospitals through its Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) survey.
The HCAHPS measures allow the general public to compare hospitals throughout the United States.
Saint Luke’s makes the grade
We’re continually looking at ways to improve patient satisfaction across our health system.
As a result, Saint Luke’s individual hospitals have repeatedly topped all other Kansas City-area hospitals in HCAHPS rankings.
- Saint Luke’s East Hospital ranks No. 1 in Jackson County, Mo.
- Saint Luke’s South Hospital is tied for No. 2 in the metro and No. 1 in Johnson County, Kan.
- Saint Luke's North Hospital ranks No. 1 in the Northland
Measuring patients’ experience
HCAHPS provides a national, standardized look at key aspects of patient care, including:
- Communication with staff
- Pain and medication management
- Discharge information
- Cleanliness and quietness of hospital environment
- Overall rating of hospital
- Willingness to recommend the hospital
The 32-question HCAHPS survey queries patients about their perception of their hospital experiences.
You may receive a call several weeks after you receive care at Saint Luke’s. We appreciate you participating in this important survey and providing valuable feedback.