Find a Doctor
Founded in 1938, Smithville Community Hospital, the predecessor of today’s Saint Luke’s North Hospital–Smithville, has a long-standing reputation for its innovation and medical leadership.
The hospital’s founder was Arch E. Spelman, M.D. Dr. Spelman and his colleagues achieved many firsts, including the region’s first home health care program and the first inpatient rehabilitation unit. Those two programs continue to provide outstanding care to thousands of patients from Smithville and the surrounding communities.
Saint Luke’s North Hospital–Smithville features:
- 24-hour Emergency Department
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit for intensive physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Behavioral Health Unit serving adolescents, adults, and seniors — the only such facility in the area
- SHAPE, a community fitness center open to the public
- Care Van transportation service for patients needing assistance
As a member of Saint Luke’s Health System, our Emergency Department provides the same lifesaving heart and stroke protocols developed by the world renowned Saint Luke’s Mid America Heart Institute and Saint Luke’s Marion Bloch Neuroscience Institute.
- Saint Luke's Concierge816-932-5100
- Patient Information816-532-3700
- Billing Information816-932-5678
10/24/2016 - 6:30pmSaint Luke's North Hospital–Smithville - Multi-Purpose Room
This 2 hour class targeting girls 10-12 years of age is designed to help girls entering puberty learn about their bodies and the changes that will take place.