Cabot Westside Medical and Dental Center
Cabot Westside Medical and Dental Center provides quality, culturally sensitive, bilingual/Spanish health care. The Hispanic community is growing faster than any other segment of Kansas City's population. With this growth comes an ever-increasing demand for high-quality, affordable, and bilingual (Spanish and English) health care services. Cabot Westside Medical and Dental Center works to fulfill this need by providing quality, culturally sensitive, primary health and dental care, and education services to thousands of patients on the Westside, and people from across the Greater Kansas City area, regardless of their ability to pay.
Monday - Friday
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Dental emergency hours:
8:30-9:30 a.m. and noon-1 p.m.
Medical open access appointments begin at 8 a.m. Patients need to call and make an appointment for the same day.
- Billing Information816-932-7940
- Adult medicine
- Case management
- Chronic disease
- Family medicine
- General dentistry
- Mental health screening
- Women, Infants & Children Program (WIC)
Medicare accepted at Cabot Westside Medical and Dental Center
Insurance Plans: We participate with a number of insurance companies.
Cabot accepts traditional Medicare and Medicaid and many managed Medicare plans. Please contact the Saint Luke’s Health System Medicare Insurance toll-free HelpLine at 1-866-261-5915 if you have questions about your Medicare options.
Accepted insurance plans
Here are the health plans Cabot Westside Medical and Dental Center currently accepts. Because this list does change, please verify that your doctor accepts your insurance plan when you make your first appointment.
- Aetna Dental
- BCBS Dental-Preferred Care Dental and Freedom Network Dental
- Bridgeport Dental
- Cigna Dental
- DeCare Dental
- Delta Dental
- GEHA/Connection Dental
- Kansas Medicaid
- Missouri Medicaid
- MetLife Dental
- Surency Dental
- UHC Dental
- Aetna U.S. Healthcare
- Aetna Medicare Products
- American Healthcare Alliance, LLC
- BCBS Kansas City
- Preferred Care
- Preferred Care Blue
- Freedom Network (formerly Preferred Care Leased)
- Freedom Network Select (formerly Preferred Care Blue Leased)
- Health Link *Par thru Freedom Network only*
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas (Covered thru Blue Card)
- Care Improvement Plus (Medicare Special Needs Plan)
- Century Health Solutions PPO
- Open Access
- Community Care Network (Affiliated with Coventry)
- Community Health Plan
- CompResults (work comp)
- Correctional Medical Services
- CorVel Corporation (CorCare)
- First Health PPO
- Healthcare Preferred
- FMH Leased Networks
- Coventry Medicare Advantage PPO (Advantra Freedom)
- Kansas HealthWave 19 & Kansas HealthWave 21
- Golden Rule (all products) Affiliated with UHC
- Great West HealthCare
- One Health Plan
- One Health Plan/Gen AM
- Healthcare USA
- Health Choice of Northwest Missouri PPO
- HealthLink PPO (par thru Freedom Network only)
- HealthLink HMO (contracted via Letter of Agreement)
- Home State Health Plan (MO Practices only)
- Humana PPO Choice Care
- Humana Medicare Advantage PPO
- Humana Gold Choice Advanced (Medicare Advantage PFFS employer based product)
- Humana Gold Choice Enhanced (Medicare Advantage PFFS employer based product)
- Integrated Health Plan
- Missouri Medicaid, Medicare, RR Medicare
- Missouri Care (MO practices only)
- Occupational Health Management (work comp)
- Ohara Managed Care (work comp)
- ProviDRs Care Network (formerly WPPA)
- Pyramid Life (Medicare Advantage PPO)
- Sterling Life Insurance Company
- Option 1-PFFS
- Option II-PFFS+Plan D
- Sterling Medicare Select
- Sterling Premier
- Sunflower State Health Plan (Kansas Medicaid Plan) Kansas practices and providers that go to Saint Luke’s Health System
- TriCare/CHAMPUS (BCBSKC)
- United HealthCare
- Choice, Choice Plus, CORE Choice Plus
- Select, Select Plus, Options PPO, Indemnity
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage
- Medicare Complete
- Medicare Complete Essential
- Medicare Complete Plus
- Medicare Complete Plus Essential
- Medicare Complete Choice
- Medicare Complete Choice Essential
- Evercare Plan DH
- Evercare Plan DH-POS
- Evercare Plan DP
- Evercare Plan RDP
- US Department of Labor
Appointments: Are made by schedulers at 816-471-0900, or can be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week using My Saint Luke’s (online appointments through My Saint Luke’s can only be made by existing patients. If you are a first-time patient, please call our office to make an appointment.)
Arrival time: New patients are requested to arrive approximately 20-30 minutes early for the first appointment. For subsequent appointments, please arrive at least 10 minutes early so we can verify all your important information. Bring your current insurance card to each appointment. Please bring any appropriate records from referring physician or previous evaluations to facilitate your consultation (lab, X-rays). Also bring all medications at the time of the appointment (even those prescribed by other consulting physicians).
Cancelations: If you need to cancel an appointment, we ask that you call 24 hours in advance. Failure to cancel appointments in a timely manner could result in termination from your physician.
Patient registration must be completed for all new patients.
Co-pays and outstanding balances are to be paid at the time of service. Financial assistance can be requested through our financial counselor.
Billing questions: Please contact our billing office at 816-932-7940.
Financial policy: Payment for medical services is your responsibility, regardless of insurance coverage. We participate with many of the insurance plans in the area. Our office staff can assist in verifying your provider's participation with your plan. We recommend that you also confirm this with your insurance carrier.
Medical records, letters and physician reports will be completed at your request with your written authorization. A fee may be charged for this service. Please provide a 48 hour notice if you would like your medical records released. Medical records pertaining to a minor child require the written consent of a parent or legal guardian. Your health record is considered confidential; information about your health is never released without your written authorization.
Medication refills: Contact your pharmacy for medication refill requests. Your pharmacist will contact our office for approval from your physician. Medications will not be approved by phone on the weekend or after hours. Please allow 24-48 hours for this process with medications that you take on a regular basis.
Referrals: Certain types of insurance plans require referrals before patients may receive a specialty consultation. If your primary care provider approves a consultation, our office will obtain an authorization for you to see the specialist. Please don't make an appointment with a specialist before you contact your physician. For routine referrals, please allow 48 hours to prepare your authorization. In an emergency, this process can be expedited.
Your tax-deductible gift to Cabot Westside Medical and Dental Center can provide essential health care for children, fund much needed health education services, or assist with general operations of this important community health service unlike any other in Kansas City. Donate now.