The Heart Failure Management Program is committed to the highest level of excellence in providing seamless and comprehensive care to patients across the heart failure disease spectrum. Our team is a multidisciplinary group of professionals dedicated to ensuring patient safety and optimal health outcomes for all patients.
Our program features:
- Early-stage heart failure management, which utilizes aggressive medical management to optimize cardiac function and efficiency and thoughtful evaluation of any corrective surgical or device therapy that may be appropriate
- Comprehensive management and follow-up care for advanced heart failure and high-risk heart failure patients
- We are the only facility in the region that offers the full spectrum of surgical support for advanced heart failure including extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), mechanical assist devices (VAD), and heart transplantation.
- Management of complex congenital heart disease patients who are at risk to develop heart failure as adults
- A cardiopulmonary exercise laboratory dedicated to evaluating patient therapy and functional capacity
- Full-time research nurses who screen and enroll heart failure patients in over ten active protocols available
- Heart Failure Cardiologist Certification
- All six of our heart failure cardiologists are certified in Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology through the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Graduate Medical Education
- In 2012, Saint Luke’s Mid America Heart Institute, in affiliation with the University of Missouri–Kansas City, received accreditation in advanced heart failure/transplant cardiology by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The accreditation puts the Heart Institute in an elite group of cardiology training programs nationwide (just 50 out of 180) qualified to offer advanced medical training in heart failure and transplant to its cardiology fellows.
- Our program is the only accredited program of its kind in the region including Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Iowa, and Oklahoma.
- With the added prestige of this accreditation, this will not only improve the quality of cardiology care, but will give us the opportunity to retain these future leaders in Kansas City, enhancing the quality of heart failure care we can provide to our entire region.
- Advanced Heart Failure Certification: Saint Luke’s Hospital has attained Advanced Certification in Heart Failure by The Joint Commission. This means that this program:
- Provides the next generation of heart failure care
- Has met and seeks to maintain The Joint Commission’s high standards in providing heart failure care
- This accomplishment signifies an organization’s dedication to fostering better outcomes for patients in its heart failure program. Learn more.
- Saint Luke’s Mid America Heart Institute has received the Get With The Guidelines®–Heart Failure Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association.
- Get With The Guidelines–Heart Failure is a quality improvement program that helps hospital teams provide the most up-to-date, research-based guidelines with the goal of speeding recovery and reducing hospital readmissions for heart failure patients.
- Saint Luke’s earned the award by achieving 85 percent or higher adherence to all Get with the Guidelines–Heart Failure Performance Achievement indicators for a consecutive 12 month interval and 75 percent or higher compliance on at least four of the Get with the Guidelines–Heart Failure Quality Measures to improve quality of patient care and outcomes. Learn more.
4330 Wornall Rd, Ste 2100
Kansas City, MO 64111
4330 Wornall Rd, Ste 2000
Kansas City, MO 64111
5844 NW Barry Rd, Ste 230
Kansas City, MO 64154
12300 Metcalf Ave, Ste 280
Overland Park, KS 66213
20 NE Saint Luke's Blvd, Ste 240
Lee's Summit, MO 64086