When medical science can no longer add more days to a patient’s life, hospice care can add more life to each remaining moment. We work with patients, their families, and physicians to make the end of life a time of comfort, enrichment, and love.
Our hospice nurses help the patient control and direct their end-of-life care. They provide peace of mind, dignity, and comfort on the patient's terms—often in their own home. The hospice team provides medical, emotional, and spiritual support to not only the patient, but also the patient's family.
Saint Luke’s Hospice is known for its:
- Nursing, health aides, social services, and bereavement staff whose experience and certifications are concentrated in end-of-life care
- Care in the comfort of patients' homes
- Access to consultative care 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Supportive staff for the family, including counseling and grief support, continuing after the death of the patient
- Saint Luke's Hospice House
Our multidisciplinary hospice team uses the latest methods of pain and symptom control to enable the patient to live as fully and comfortably as possible. The Journey to Light (PDF) can help you understand symptoms and changes at the end of life and provide information for comfort measures, as well as helpful guidance for caregivers and family members.
In addition to our hospice services, we offer specialized programs:
- Bereavement services. We offer support to family members of the deceased for 18 months or longer after death to help them cope with their pain and loss.
- Veteran-to Veteran Program. We honor patients who have served our country by providing veteran volunteers from the same military branch who visit and present them with appreciation plaques.
- Music therapy. This specialized therapy helps hospice patients relax and reduce their pain. It also helps patients with Alzheimer's or dementia express themselves when they can no longer speak.
Our hospice team includes:
- Nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and licensed practical nurses
- Social workers
- Bereavement counselors
- Neonatal bereavement
- Home health aides
- Music therapists
- Trained volunteers
There are many factors to think about before entering hospice care. We want you to understand your options. For more information, call 888-303-7576.
We are a faith-based, nonprofit hospice agency. We are certified for Medicare and Medicaid patients. We also accept commercial insurance and private pay.
Hear Carol Quiring, CEO of Saint Luke’s Home Care & Hospice, discuss hospice care, misconceptions about hospice care, and services offered through Saint Luke’s.
3100 Broadway St, Ste 1000
Kansas City, MO 64111
816-756-1160 or 888-303-7576 phone
1302 S Main St, Ste 2
Ottawa, KS 66067
1004 Progress Dr, Ste 150
Lansing, KS 66043
601 S 169 Hwy
Smithville, MO 64089
893 Fairway Dr
Chillicothe, MO 64601
- Home Care: 816-756-0838
- Infusion Pharmacy: 816-532-7754
- Hospice & Palliative Care: 816-756-2596
*Please speak with an intake coordinator on the weekends to obtain best fax number.